Thursday, November 30, 2006

Didn't get the job...


Et non, je ne l'ai pas eu, mais l'autre gars non plus!!! Ils ont decide que personne ne satisfaisait aux exigences du poste.

But look, despite what the picture says, I'm far from desperate! I'm a little disappointed I couldn't show them I can do it. On the other hand, I would have felt a lot of pressure to go back to work early and it would have been difficult to ask for a part-time job while Philippe grows up a little bit.

The interview process was long - 2 one-hour sessions plus one feedback session - but interesting. That certainly was good practice for the next time I'll be looking for a new job, plus, my CV is up to date, which never happens between jobs... I still have a job waiting for me when I'm ready. So I really feel good about the whole thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I applied for a job a few months back: Marketing Tactics Managers at Farm Credit Canada. I thought I had all the skills required and I did well on the interview. I had to fill out a management aptitude test and well, in the end, nobody got the job. I felt like I had not been given a fair chance but after discussing with the hiring manager, I discovered the reason I didn't get the job was because I didn't want it bad enough! He told me I sounded excited about the job, but not enough. So, there must be an invisible line between desperation and elation.