Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas does not exist - Noel n'existe plus


For 3 years in a row, it hasn't felt like Christmas at all. It all seems a bit weird seeing a big Santa with a white beard and Christmas trees when it's 30 degrees, we go to thebeach, have BBQ and eat cherries and watermelon!

I felt depressed because I was at the other end of the world, away from the family I love. Never thought I missed them so much. I said to Marc I didn't want to celebrate. Marc seemed to feel the same.

Then for some reason, I got excited: I brought Philippe to take a photo with Santa, bought some decorations. Marc ordered a turkey and brought the tree inside so we could decorate it. Yolande bought a present for Philippe.

So it is Christmas after all.
Peace on earth to all beings of good will

P.S. Si vous voulez une traduction, demandez-la!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't feel like celebrating either. It's tough to be away from home on Christmas, the holidays are a time for family reunions after all. We're not as far away as you three but we're still not home. Thankfully, we'll have a few parties with friends and calling home isn't $$ so we'll catch up that way. So Merry Christmas and send us a few pictures... Hey, what did you get for Xmas?

Anonymous said...

bonjour ma grande,
vous nous manquez nous aussi crois-moi....j'ai beaucoup de peine à t'écrire, les larmes coulent malgré moi...je suis toujours comme ça durant la période des fêtes. C'est un moment magique et je me rappelle toujours de beaux souvenirs qui me touchent profondément. Le 24 au soir je me suis bien amusée et je crois que toute la famille était heureuse de se retrouver. Vous étiez présents dans certaines de nos conversations,ça vous rapprochait un peu de nous! La prochaine année sera remplie de belles rencontres, nous avons bien hâte de vous revoir
Je vous aime et vous embrasse fort
Maman, belle-maman et grand-maman xxx

Edith said...

Maman Celine,
Merci pour les beaux mots, ca fait du bien! J'ai tellement hate au voyage, je n'arrete pas d'y penser. On achete nos billets aujourd'hui. Plus de nouvelles bientot!
Edith xxx

Anonymous said...

NOËL peut se fêter tous les jours de l'année...on mangera de la dinde et des tourtières lors de ton passage!!!à bientôt