Thursday, November 29, 2007

Feeling Good - J'ai la bougeotte!

I've got itchy feet! Good timing: I'm flying to Canberra for work next week. That's not what I mean though... I think I'm ready for the next big thing. What is it gonna be? We can only wait and see.

In the meantime, another great summer is here! We love the beach and Philippe is a champion walker! He runs on the beach, splashes mud everywhere, eats plenty of sand (it's clean, isn't it?) and enjoys the cold water! We had a great time last Saturday. We might go again for a quick splash after dinner.

We've started the veggie patch again. Last weekend we put peas, lettuce, basil (lots of basil!). The leeks are nearly ready, the tomatoes are doing well. We ended up getting a few broccolis from the winter crop but then they got full of worms and we lost the rest of it (cauliflowers and cabbages as well). We have a new ennemy this year: a possum eats all our strawberries, apples and almonds! And now he started having a snack in the peach tree! What can we do apart waiting for the monster at night with a gun??? I'm joking - the only think I kill is spiders, and just the small ones (I leave the big huntsmen for Marc to throw outside!). I used to think possums were cute, now I know better: they're a nuisance, just like raccoons in North America. Anyway...

Work is busy, but good! Next time I'm bored, I might just stay quiet. I now have 3 projects in parallel and no time to complain. I'm going on a project management course next week, as well as meeting my software supplier in Canberra. I'll be staying a few days to visit the Capital city and to spend time with my good friend Ruth I haven't seen since my last birthday. Marc will be a busy single parent operation!

Where would you like to see more photos? Flickr or Facebook?

P.S. This photo: morning meal before leaving for work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allo ma grande,

C'est bon de revevoir régulièrement de tes nouvelles. Envoie les photos de la manière la plus simple pour toi, moi, ça m'est égal, du moment que je vous vois !!!
Bisous
Mom xxx