Monday, September 03, 2007

Madame Broute-Broute

After a few more colds for Philippe, a lung infection for Marc and gastro for the whole family, I'm back again! A little tired from disturbed sleep patterns, but ready for a new week and a busy one: we're hosting Philippe's 1st Birthday party next Saturday.

Butt F*** Nowhere. (I learned that expression from Marc many years ago, probably on a trip to Gaspesie! I can't remember. Definitely somewhere in Quebec where there are thousands of small villages.

If Marc hadn't taken a picture I wouldn't have a clue where it was, except somewhere between Sherbrooke and Ham Nord, where my Dad lives. The cow welcomes you to Asbestos, a mining and agriculture area of Quebec. From the cow's back, you get a nice view of the surroundings, the 7 towns making up the Asbestos region. Enough! If you want more, click on the photo you should be able to read what the cow has got to say...

A few updates:

  • September already! Spring is here, as I wrote last year, it starts on the 1st September in Australia.
  • The winter garden wasn't successful; nothing really grew and spider mites are eating the cabbage leaves. Too bad. It's time for the spring garden.
  • Special hello to Carole, Valerie and Ruth who emailed me in the last months and I still haven't replied. Bug hug, I miss you!

No comments: