Thursday, April 05, 2007

Depart - It's a Go!

It's 7:45 am. We're leaving home in 45 minutes with Stu who's driving us to the airport. We've had 3 hours of sleep but hey, we're ready!!! I wish I could have showed you the size of our suitcases (Philippe has the biggest!) but the camera is also packed and ready to go. In brief, the latest news:

  • Philippe and I are now Australian permanent resident;
  • The whole family is enrolled in the Australian bureaucracy: Medicare, Family Assistance and the lot;
  • Philippe had a third cold in less than 2 months and he seems to be just over it... wish us luck for the plane trips ahead!
  • He is almost crawling (rocking back and forth on all fours) and now eating three meals a day, mainly puree;
  • I'm very excited to leave - I've been talking about this round the world trip for over 2 years now.
More news and photos from Singapore, our first stop!

Love, Edith

No comments: